Carpet steam cleaners are what most people think of when they hear the words “steam cleaners”. Traditionally, these have been large, clunky machines that focus on removing stains from carpets. Rather than using steam cleaners as an emergency measure to remove stains from carpets, most of the products we have collected are meant to be used as part of your normal cleaning cycle. This keeps your carpet fresh and sanitized while avoiding stains setting in.
The benefits of carpet steam cleaners is that they are created with portability and ease of use in mind. Most are either portable units that look like vacuum cleaners, or can be mounted on your shoulders so you don’t have to worry about annoying cords getting in the way.
The primary consideration you should take into account when considering what carpet steam cleaner to get is how much bar pressure it holds and, depending on the amount of carpet in your home, the amount of water it contains. This will help in decided how long the steam cleaner can operate for and how deep the steam will penetrate into the carpet.
Ideal Steam Cleaners For Carpet:
– Extremely portable for easy use
– Allows you to specifically target problem areas of your carpet
– Can be placed on shoulder or back for portability
– Very little water capacity
– Not ideal for large carpeted areas
– Can get heavy if not mounted
Vapour Steam Cleaners
– Dry steaming gives deep clean
– Large water capacity for large carpeted areas
– High pressure systems provide highest sanitation
– Large systems can be unwieldy around the home
– Requires more energy
– Heavier than handheld options